© Lunenburg County Historical Society 2012
Web Design by Robert Ylkos
Fort Point, in the village of LaHave, is the site of the First Capital of New France. The Dublin Bay area was first visited by Samuel de Champlain in 1604, when he and Sieur de Monts anchored in Green Bay for 4 days before travelling on to the Bay of Fundy. In 1632, Commander Isaac de Razilly, first Viceroy and Lieutenant General of New France, built Fort Ste. Marie de Grace on the point of land at the mouth of the LaHave River. It was, from 1632-36, the First Capital of New France. Today, this site is known as Fort Point, a National Historic Site and home of Fort Point Museum and Lighthouse. This community museum is operated by the Lunenburg County Historical Society.
Due to renovations, our viewing platform will remain closed until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.
ATTENTON VISITORS: Due to renovations, our viewing platform and lighthouse tower will be unavailable this season.
Sunday May 28
5:00, 5:30, 6:30 sittings
$30, $25 for members
Phone 902-543-5709 for reservations